Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Re: Difference between C++ & VC++


vc++ : Microsoft's IDE for c++ development (visual c++)
c++: the programming language

On 08/11/05, Priya Ghate <priyaghate@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Could someone tell me what is the difference in C++ and VC++. Before someone
> suggets use of google, let me say this. I have looked up google for a good
> explaination and havent found one. So I am hoping people from the group will
> be able to help me out.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Priya

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, November 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

vc++ is not just an ide, it has its own compiler as well which unfortunately has non standard calling conventions and stuff as well, its called cl.exe. I think it wud be better if we define it as a toolchain for compilation(cl),assembly(masm),linking(i dunno what is used for this :-p).

if u need to use c++ on windows and also learn how these things work exactly, try using the gnu ports of gcc compiler system, u can get these at www.delorie.com.
If its C the lcc-win32 system is also available.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home