Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Re: Question about scene in The Matrix Reloaded


BlueRaja,

I appreciate you not deleting this post. I was concerned that my
questions would be viewed as spam or some sort of joke, but the truth
of the matter is that I simply didn't know who else to ask. The
philosopher-types on the Matrix forums want to concentrate on the
philosophical matters (obviously), but I wanted to understand the more
technical aspects.

I was worried that you'd say what you did--that the Wachowski Brothers
just used a bunch of fancy words to mystify the audience. I was hoping
that wasn't the case, because the whole thing with trying to figure out
how Neo got his powers (was he born special? was he modified by the
Machines? some combination of the two?) and the nature of the anomaly
(is it a glitch like you explained? is it choice? is it Zion?) makes me
feel like it's more than just mumbo jumbo. I love the movies, and so
my analytical mind wants to try to understand how it all works, while
working under the assumption that there actually IS something to
understand.

Your view about the anomaly being a glitch is actually the popular one
on the forums (don't you feel special), and one that I myself had for
quite some time. The thing that always bothered me about it was this:
if the anomaly is indeed a glitch, why can't the Architect get rid of
it? And more to the point, how does a human do what the Architect
can't? Furthermore, how does dumping a glitch somehow reboot the
Matrix? I've never been able to reboot my computer by loading a glitch
into it, and so I was confused how the One is able to do it.

I could go on and on, but I don't want to wear out my welcome here.
You've been kind enough to respond to my first post, and if you feel so
inclined to continue the conversation, it would be greatly appreciated.
Either that, or you could go back to helping out the high school girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home